TRAVEL & TOURISM
WICEN(World Internships & Cultural Exchange Networks), is an organization devoted to promoting cross-cultural awareness through international internships,educations and cultural exchange programs. For more than 15 years, WICEN has been connecting young people from all over the world with life-changing international cultural exchange and internships opportunities. One of the major Internships opportunities we are always interersted is Travel & Toursm.
At a travel and tourism internship you will be involved in a variety of tasks designed to best utilize individual's skills. The travel & tourism sector combines Marketing, Advertising, Human Resources, Business Management and Tour Consulting. You will work in an environment that is both multicultural and international. A requirement of those internships is a positive attitude and a willingness to work with members of a team.
Global Tourism industry increasingly focuses on economic development or urban and rural regeneration as well as strategic planning, particularly in local authorities. Possible tourism and travel internship placements are at travel agent coordinator, travel advisor, tourism management assistant and tourism development advisor.
Various duties in the travel and tourism sector:
· Producing tourist information, including art work & writing press
· Doing copies for tourism guides and newsletters
· Setting up and attending exhibitions and holiday shows
· Organising special and seasonal events and festivals
· Advise international customers in travel details
· Devising and planning tours, and arranging itineraries
· Liaising with local operators, the media, designers and printers
· Care of websites business databases
· Organize bookings over email, website and phone
Before you begin the internship and cultural exchange placement process. Please check your eligibility and visa restrictions. Most of the most common requirements and details a candidate need to know are;
· Most of the internships are unpaid and paid
· There will be a fee for the package, depending on your country of residence
· You have to check your visa and travel restrictions
· Age restrictions are 18-30
If you would like to apply for our internships and cultural exchange programs. Please email your CV/resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of the programs are offered on a very limited basis. Alternatively please visit your local WICEN office or representatives for further details. You can also refer to our Contact Us page or explore our website for compelte information.